Tizen Firmware Guide
When using the Xibo for Tizen player it is important to make sure your Samsung devices are running the latest firmware, to ensure that all security and performance improvements are up to date. You can check the recommended firmware version of your Samsung device by going to this link.
To access the Firmware information for a monitor:
- Press the
Menubutton on your remote control and select the
- You will see that highlighting the Software Update option reveals the firmware version.
- For a more detailed breakdown of the Firmware version running, follow the above steps, then choose Contact Samsung. You will see the full firmware version details under the Software Version entry on that page.
- When the firmware is first downloaded, it is likely to be in .zip or .alz format. First you will need to extract the firmware folder using 7zip or ALzip depending on the format of the file.
- This will extract a folder with the same name as the firmware. You will need to remove that folder and retain the folder named
image, which will contain your firmware file.
- Save the folder named
imageto the root directory of a USB storage device.
- Connect the USB to your Samsung monitor and press the
Homebutton on your remote control. Go to the
- Select the
Software Updateto begin the installation of your new firmware. You will receive confirmation when it has been installed.
It may be necessary on occasion to revert to an older firmware version. If you find yourself in this situation, please contact open a ticket with the help desk for further support.