Tizen Installation Guide
Xibo for Tizen requires Xibo CMS version 1.8.13 or later.
Xibo for Tizen is easy to install and configure so you can be up and running in just a few minutes.
Supported monitor models
Please note: Xibo for Tizen requires a Xibo for Tizen software licence for each Tizen Display you intend to run which is linked to a “Licence Pool email address”
This guide will take you through each step in detail for the required installation, which includes the following stages:
- Preparing your monitor
- Downloading and installation of Xibo for Tizen
- Connecting to your CMS
- Activating your Licence
- Authorising your Display
It is vital that the correct date, time and timezone are set on your Tizen TV prior to installation.
- Use the Menu button on the remote control to access the System Menu:
- click on Time, then NTP Settings, then Time Zone
- Use the drop down to select the correct Time Zone
- Alternatively, to set the Date/Time manually, click on Clock Set.
You will need to download latest Xibo for Tizen release file and upload it to your CMS:
- Select the latest release to download directly from here: Download Xibo for Tizen
- Navigate to the Player Versions page under the Displays section of the CMS
- Click on Add Version and Add files to select the wgt release file and Start upload
- Click on Display Settings and use the row menu to Edit for the Tizen default profile
- Enter your licence pool email address that you wish to use for this Player
- Use the drop down menu to select the Player Version that you have uploaded and Save
After completing the installation, select URL Launcher on the monitor and enter the following:
CMS Address This is the fully qualified address of your CMS installation. For example
https://cms.example.org or http://example.org/cms
The Player application will be downloaded from the CMS URL and the Player will open. Use the remote control (Ok/Select button) to access the player options, use the arrows to navigate to the 3-dots menu in the top right to configure your CMS.
The CMS Address will be pre-filled with the URL you entered in the URL launcher. Fill in the other details:
- CMS Key The secret CMS Key that will authenticate this Display with the CMS.
This key can be viewed from the CMS under the Administration menu by clicking on Settings and the Configuration tab.
The Settings screen is also accessible using the top navigation menu.
The following message will be shown for the first successful connection, “Display is registered and awaiting authorisation from an administrator in the CMS”.
Assuming there are no errors with the communication between the CMS and the Player, the Display will be registered and awaiting authorisation.
As you have provided a Licence Pool email address in the Tizen Display Setting Profile in the CMS, Xibo will start immediately and download its content from the CMS. If you have not provided a Licence Pool, you will be taken to a page asking for this information.
Display Setting Profiles
Default Profiles have been provided for you. You only need to create a Display Setting Profile if you want to override these defaults, or if you want to provide your Licence Pool email address to all of your devices centrally.
For more information on available settings, please see the Display Settings sections of the Manual.
Before the Player can receive Scheduled Events and display your Layouts you will need to Authorise the Display to connect to the CMS.
Log into your CMS and click on Displays from the main menu to see your newly registered Player in the list.
Click the row-menu for this Player and select Authorise from the list.
Click Yes to confirm the authorisation of the Display.
At this point, you may want to select a Default Layout for your new Player to run.