Upgrade Manual/Custom Install
Upgrading a manual/custom installation happens in 3 stages:
- Upgrade the CMS files
(Upgrading the CMS files is a manual process that should be completed by your web server administrator).
- Upgrade the database
(In 2.0.0 or later and 3.0.0 or later, upgrading the CMS can be done by your web server administrator from the terminal. In versions earlier than 2.0.0 upgrading is completed in a wizard and can be done by the CMS administrator).
Please check the release notes for the version you want to upgrade to before starting the upgrade.
You should always take a backup before upgrading your CMS Installation.
- If upgrading to 1.8 series, ensure your environment meets the requirements for installation. If it does not then correct that before continuing.
- Backup settings.php from your installation (found in
- Manually take a backup of your database
- Replace your existing installation with the new version from the tar.gz or zip file. Do not copy over the top.
- Replace your backup settings.php file in your Xibo installation directory
- Browse to http://your.server/path as normal
If you are upgrading to 2.0.0 or later and 3.0.0 or later:
- Open a terminal
cdinto your installation folder
vendor/bin/phinx migrate -c phinx.php
If you are upgrading to a version before 2.0.0:
- Log in as an administrator.
- The upgrade wizard will open and show the list of upgrade steps.
- Press start to run through them.
Once the upgrade has completed and you are logged into the administration portal, navigate to Administration → Modules and use the “Verify All” button in the top right to update any module files which have been changed between versions.