The Local Video Widget is used for video that exists only on the Display and is not uploaded to the CMS, such as;
- Manually transferred videos
- Videos on a LAN
- Streamed Videos
Click on Local Video from the Widget toolbar and click to add or drag and drop
If you are using a 1.8.x CMS, select Local Video from the Widget Toolbox to add!
On adding, configuration options are shown in the Edit Local Video form:
Complete a local file path or URL to the video, this can be an RTSP Stream.
- Optionally Set a duration to override the default.
- Use the drop down to select how the video should be scaled.
- Use the checkbox to mute/unmute the video.
- Tick to expand the content over the top of existing to show full screen. (not available in versions earlier than 2.0)
Video scaling and RTSP streams are only supported on the Android, webOS and Linux Players. Use the HLS Widget to show compatible video streams on Window and Tizen Players.
The number of RTSP streams you can show on one Layout is dependent on the device being used.
Please note: Transitions are not supported for the Tizen Player.
Available from v3.0.0
Actions can be attached to this Widget, please see the Interactive Actions page for more information.
Back to Top
This documentation is licensed under the Creative Commons Licence.